Homeplace Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homeplace Ministries

HOMEPLACE MINISTRIES FORUMS

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a question my pastor believes you can lose your salvation should I still belong to that church

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

itsmelor

I have a question my pastor believes you can lose your salvation should I still belong to that church I believe nn once saved always saved, is he leading his flock astray? I made alot of friends there, Should I warn people or just leave it alone, I care so much I dont want to see anyone go astray

2I have a question my pastor believes you can lose your salvation should I still belong to that church Empty Once saved always saved? Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

PastorVL

Your pastor is correct.
There are certain denominations that hold to the doctrine of “Once saved, always saved”. I am not interested in denominational arguments. I will simply state that I do not hold to that belief. Scripture clearly indicates that man is a free agent and is capable of falling from grace.

Read the parable of the sower:

Mark 4:1-20 (KJV)
1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.
2 And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
Many times people receive the word. They make the decision to say the salvation prayer. They may even get water baptized and begin to attend church regularly.
Unfortunately, as the scripture says, they have no root. They endure for a time, but when trouble or persecution comes, they turn away from the faith and begin going their own way.

Some people have a fairy tale perception of what it means to be a Christian. They are under the misconception that because they asked Jesus into their heart, everything is going to be a bed of roses. When Jesus carried His cross to Calvary, it was no rose covered path.

Jesus says in Matthew 10:38…”He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.”

He also says in verse 39… “He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. “

Sometimes people who truly do “Confess the Lord Jesus and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead…”, turn away and go back to the world. They are not willing to take up their cross and abide in the truth that leads to freedom in Christ.

John 8:31-32 (KJV)
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Please take note that Jesus says; “If you continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.”

Some followed Christ but they did not go all the way to the finish line to win the crown of life.

Some give in to trials and temptations:

James 1:12-15 (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Some give in to false doctrines taught by men. In Paul’s letter to the Galatians he said:

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Galatians 1:6-7 (KJV)

Many grow tired, give in, and give up. Why? Greed, Pride, Lust; Temptation is everywhere.
Hebrews 6:4-6 (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Proverbs 16:18 (KJV)…Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Don’t give up:

2 Peter 3:13-18 (KJV)
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth,
wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Some will turn from the faith and give heed to devilish doctrines:

1 Timothy 4:1 (KJV)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

The bottom line:

God created man and gave him a free will to choose.

Adam, the first man, was in a perfect environment and walked and talked personally with God Almighty. He knew no sin. But…he fell from grace and brought condemnation on all of mankind.

We all have the God given ability to choose and to change our minds.

Set aside doctrinal issues and focus your heart on the only Savior and Lord, Jesus the Christ!

I say to all, just as Joshua said to the Israelites:

14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:14-15 (KJV)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum