Homeplace Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homeplace Ministries

HOMEPLACE MINISTRIES FORUMS

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharing Your Faith

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sharing Your Faith Empty Sharing Your Faith Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Home Place Ministries PCG

Sharing Your Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(Hebrews 11:1)

Faith/Belief:

The terms "faith" and "believe" occur almost 500 times in the New Testament. Living a life based on faith is absolutely necessary for anyone who claims to know Jesus Christ as the their savior.

Faith is trust in Jesus, the truth of his teaching, and salvation that was made possible by His death and resurrection. Faith must not be confused with intellectual acknowledgement of the doctrine of Christianity. Faith is evidenced by a radical and total commitment to Christ as the Lord of your life. Unbelief or failure to make a decisive response to God's offer of salvation means that the individual remains in sin and is eternally lost. It is only by faith in Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

Faith defined is:

• Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

• Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

• Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance.

• The act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in someone or something.

• Acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something.

• Something believed or accepted as true.

Faith is more than a statement of a person’s beliefs. It is a life of substance that actively demonstrates those beliefs. That is why we are told in God’s word that faith without works is dead:

James 2:17-18...
17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Your life should reflect the holiness of God:

1 Thessalonians 4:7... For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

1 Peter 1:15... But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.

Our lives must show evidence our faith:

Matthew 7:18-20...
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

How do we share our faith?

By living what we believe. Our lives should reflect God’s character.

By telling people how God has changed our lives.

By sharing God’s love.

By sharing the Word.

Before you decide to lead someone to salvation through the scriptures you must:

Pray and ask God to guide you.

Pray and ask God to touch the person’s heart.

Pray and ask God to fill your heart with love.

Pray and ask God for courage, wisdom, knowledge and humility.

After you have prayed, gently guide the person through the scriptures:

Romans 10:17... So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 3:23... For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23... For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:8 – 9... 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 3:16... For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 8:1... There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 10:9... That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 3:20... Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

2 Corinthians 6:2b... Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Having shared the good news that Christ loves us and wants to save us; invite the person to give their life to Jesus and be saved.

Explain that they must:

Confess that they have sinned.
Repent and turn away from sin.
Believe that Jesus suffered and died to pay the price for their sins.
Believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
Ask for and receive, in faith, forgiveness for their sins.

If they respond negatively, don’t get angry with them. They are not rejecting you. They are rejecting Jesus. Thank them for listening to you. Pray that God will be merciful and give them another opportunity before it is too late.

If the person makes the decision to surrender to Christ offer to lead them in the sinner’s prayer.

Pray along these lines:

Father, I come to you in the name of your son, Jesus.
I confess that I am a sinner and deserve eternal punishment in hell.
I know that without Jesus I am lost.
I am truly sorry for the sins I have committed. I repent.
I believe that your son is Jesus Christ.
I believe that He suffered and died on the cross for me and that he paid the price for my sins.
I believe that you raised Him from the dead and that He is with you right now.
I ask you Father, because of what Jesus did for me, to forgive my sins and save me.
Lord, I am asking you to fill me with your Holy Spirit and make me what you want me to be.
Please be Lord of my life.
Thank you Father, in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!

Remember:

• Romans 8:1... There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
• 2 Corinthians 5:17... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
• 2 Corinthians 5:7... For we walk by faith, not by sight.
• Micah 6:8... He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
• Joshua 1:9... Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

2Sharing Your Faith Empty Sermon on Faith Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:14 pm

patty

Pastor, this is an amazing sermon totally inspired of our merciful God. It ripped straight into my heart and lodged there. I am so grateful for this because this is where I first learned of these beautiful scriptures from your very blessed throat. Pastor, you will be pleased to know that I know them and use them and proclaim God's beautiful truths. I cannot thank you enough for how you stretched us to memorize scripture right from the beginning of our walk. It has blessed me over and over and now I commit whole chapters to memory. It takes a long time but you get to chew on all the meaning, the way the scripture flows into a beautiful picture of what God wants for us, and how you can use the scripture in your own life. I am now committing Romans 6 to memory. I have a beautiful basis there in the end scripture Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. God Bless you and Reverend Emma. This is a very precious sermon to me. My son Andy seems to be open to the Word as his life is not too great. He says he knows he needs someone to help him and Ben and I told him about what the Lord does for us continually. The thing my son is looking for most is love. Plain and simple Pastor, I left my children when they were still in High School and my daughter in grammar school. I could not live with their father any longer and I just left. Of course the devil went with me everywhere I went. See we were buddies back then. I didn't know his name but others called him "Mental Illness". Anyway long story short Jesus came into my heart, placed a bone back in my foot and set me down on the path of righteousness. Now Andy is being drawn I pray and Ben and I bought him an NIV large print Bible and he said he would read it. I know that all things work together to the good to them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. I pray that his purpose is to include my darling Andy and the other kids too. I did them so wrong but only Jesus can make it up to them.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum