Homeplace Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homeplace Ministries

HOMEPLACE MINISTRIES FORUMS

You are not connected. Please login or register

You Must Be Born Again

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1You Must Be Born Again Empty You Must Be Born Again Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Home Place Ministries PCG

You Must Be Born Again

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
These are words of encouragement to those of us who know Jesus as our Lord and savior. We joyfully look forward to the day He comes for His people.

But what about those who reject God’s plan of salvation?

Jesus says in Matthew (13:41-42)...
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

In Revelation (chapter 20:10-15) we read...
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

God does not want you to go to hell.
His desire is that you spend eternity with Him in heaven.

(2Peter 3:9)...
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
God has made a way for us to escape the judgment of hell and to be reborn into His kingdom.

Jesus also says in John 3:3...
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

What does it mean to be born again?

First let me tell you what it does NOT mean!:

You do not get saved by going to church.
You do not get saved by doing good things.
You do not get saved by being baptized.
You can do nothing to earn salvation. Only God can save you!

(John 14:6) Jesus said... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
So...How does a person become born again? How do we receive this gift of salvation?

And it is a gift. A free gift...
The word says (Ephesians 2:8-9)...
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In order to experience this new birth into the kingdom of God we must:

Acknowledge our sin - both to God and ourselves.
(Romans 3:23... For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God)

We must realize that because of our sin; we are under condemnation.
(Romans 6:23.. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We must repent. We must make the decision to turn away from sin and turn to God. A repentant heart is a heart that is truly sorrowful and broken because of the sins we have committed against God. (Acts 3:19...Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord)

We must believe in our hearts that God Loves Us and wants to save us.
(John 3:16... For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)

We must call on the name of the Lord and ask Him to save us.
(Romans 10:13... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.)

We must trust God and have faith that He keeps His promises:
(2 Corinthians 5:7) For we walk by faith, not by sight.

By Faith we receive salvation and confess that Jesus Christ is our Lord.
By Faith we believe that Jesus chose to die on the cross to set us free from the devil’s hold on our lives.
By Faith we believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and that He sits at the Father’s right hand.

God’s word says (Romans 10:9-10):
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

God loves you and He wants you in His family.

(2 Peter 3:9... The Lord...is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.)

He gave His own son to pay the price for our sins.

(John 3:16)...For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Don’t believe the lies the devil puts into your mind…

God does want you.
He does love you.
He does want to save you.
You don’t have to change your life before you come to Jesus. Come as you are. Let Him change you.

(Romans 5:8... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.)

(2 Corinthians 6:2... NOW is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

(Isaiah 55:6... Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near)

Jesus is speaking to your heart right now.

(Revelation 3:20)... Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. If you don’t know Jesus as your savior and Lord, - Come to Him now. He is calling you. Do not turn a deaf ear. Listen to His voice.

Time is short.
Jesus’ return is near.
The judge is standing at the door.

Remember the words that Jesus spoke to Nicodemus “You Must Be Born Again”.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum